Managing Your Surgery
Before the Operation
There are many things to consider before you can have laser eye surgery. One of the first things you will have before undergoing surgery will be a comprehensive laser eye surgery consultation. Consultations include an eye exam that will check for diseases and conditions that could prevent you from having surgery.
If your eyes are healthy enough for surgery, we can help refer you to an ophthalmologist. Throughout your surgery experience, we will work with your ophthalmologist to give you the support you need to ensure your surgery’s best possible outcome.
Before you go in for your surgery, consider these tips:
- Book a few days off school or work so your eyes have time to heal properly.
- Don’t wear contact lenses for a few days following surgery.
- Don’t wear makeup or alcohol-based perfumes, colognes, and fragrances.
- Don’t wear clothes that can attract dust and dirt during the operation.
- Don’t wear contact lenses 2 weeks prior to surgery.
After the Operation
The healing process is different for everyone, but our team will be with you every step of the way to ensure you get the best possible outcome for your vision. Some post-operative recommendations include:
- Using special sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV rays and light sensitivity.
- Taking prescribed eye drops to keep your eyes comfortable.
- Booking a series of follow-up appointments with our team to ensure your eyes are healing as expected.